Leigh Lights Guidance for Traders
INFORMATION COURTESY OF
SOUTHEND POLICE AND SBC ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TEAM
- If you are serving food outside your establishment, Environmental Health have advised they will be carrying out inspections. They will expect to see both hot and cold handwashing facilities and the correct standard of food hygiene.
DEEP FAT FRYERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BE USED OUTSIDE PREMISES AND GAS BBQs MUST HAVE LPG CERTIFICATION – PLEASE CONTACT ME IF NEED ADVICE
PLEASE THINK HEALTH & SAFETY FOR BOTH YOUR STAFF AND THE PUBLIC AND HAVE A RISK ASSESSMENT AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
- Leigh Police have advised that their Licensing Officer will be patrolling that evening with regarding to alcohol consumption and unauthorised music i.e. we have not been notified (including speakers outside establishments for example). Only licensed premises are permitted to SELL alcohol from within their premises. Unlicensed premises are permitted to give out mulled wine etc (for free). but only in line with licensing laws. Should you have any queries regarding this, please contact me.
- Please bear in mind if you are on the Parade route that anything you do MUST NOT impede the highway where the parade will pass and all traders (whether on route or not) MUST NOT block significant sections of the pavement. If on the night anything is considered a hazard by the police, event security or council official, you will be asked to close it down.
- If you decide not to open but allow an external trader to use your shop front space, then I MUST be notified and copies of the traders PLI and any food hygiene rating sent to me. If this is not done and someone is trading then we will assume they are there illegally and will be moved on.
- Traders are to be responsible for the disposal of any rubbish they create and to assist in clearing litter caused from the extra trading at your premises and immediate surrounding area.