Home > FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What does the Town Council do?
A: The Town Council is responsible for:
- Allotments at Manchester Drive and Marshall Close
- The provision and maintenance of 13 Bus Shelters and numerous bollards in the town
- Funds a School Crossing Patrol in Elm Road
- The provision and maintenance of the Skate Park by the Railway Station
- Runs events such as the monthly Farmer's Market, the Easter Event, May Day on Strand Wharf, the Fishing Festival, Leigh lights and Carols on Strand Wharf.
- Runs the Good for Leigh Campaign
- Runs a Community Transport scheme that's gives senior residents the opportunity to go on outings and trips to the theatre.
- An office and information point in Elm Road
The Town Council is consulted on and influences decisions on:
- Planning applications
- Licence Applications
- Traffic Orders and Highway Matters