Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by
the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991
1. SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate essential manhole maintenance works, they have imposed a TEMPORARY PROHI BITION OF ENTRY, WAITING, LOADING AND UNLOADING in ELM ROAD LEIGH -ON-SEA.
2. Whilst this NOTICEis in operation, all vehicles will be prohibited from:
Entering ELM ROAD at its junction with Elm Road/Station Road to its junction with Rectory Grove
Waiting, loading or unloading at the junction of Elm Road and Rectory Grove
3. Nothing in the Notice will apply to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a Police Constable in uniform or a Civil Enforcement Officer;
(c) any vehicle on an occasion when it is being used for fire brigade, ambulance or police and Coastguard/RNLI purposes, if the observance of that provision would be likely to hinder the use of the vehicle for the purpose for which it is being used on that occasion, provided that conditions which prevail on site at any one time do not render it unsafe or impossible for such a vehicle or vehicles to use any part of the public highway for the time being;
4. These prohibitions or restrictions will come into effect on 31st May 2017 for one day. ThisNOTICE will remain in force for 5 days, to allow for unexpected events/delays and possible remedial works.. Whilst the works take place, a diversion route via Station Road, A13 London Road, Hadleigh Road and Rectory Grove will be signed on site. Resident’s access will be maintained where possible.
5. The prohibitions or restrictions will apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the TRAFFIC SIGNS REGULATIONS AND GENERAL DIRECTIONS 2016
6. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction/prohibition imposed by this Notice may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice and removed under the provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004.
Deputy Chief Executive (Place)
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue,
Southend-on-Sea, Essex. SS2 6ER Dated: 26TH May 2017