SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL
CRANLEIGH ROAD LEIGH-ON-SEA
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF WAITING, LOADING AND UNLOADING)
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by
the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991
1. SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate the remarking of carriageway markings, they have imposed a TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF WAITING, LOADING & UNLOADING, in CRANLEIGH ROAD LEIGH-ON-SEA.
2. Whilst this NOTICEis in operation, all vehicles will be prohibited from:
Waiting, Loading & Unloading in Cranleigh Drive
Opposite Nos 73 to 61 Cranleigh Drive; and
From the Nursery to opposite No. 163 Cranleigh Drive
3. Nothing in the Notice will apply to:
any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public utility vehicle;
anything done with the permission or at the direction of a Police Constable in uniform or a Civil Enforcement Officer;
any vehicle on an occasion when it is being used for fire brigade, ambulance or police and Coastguard/RNLI purposes, if the observance of that provision would be likely to hinder the use of the vehicle for the purpose for which it is being used on that occasion, provided that conditions which prevail on site at any one time do not render it unsafe or impossible for such a vehicle or vehicles to use any part of the public highway for the time being;
4. These prohibitions or restrictions will come into effect on 20th June 2018. This NOTICEwill remain in force for the 5 days, to allow for unexpected events/delays and possible remedial works.. .
5. The prohibitions or restrictions will apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the TRAFFIC SIGNS REGULATIONS AND GENERAL DIRECTIONS 2016
6. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction/prohibition imposed by this Notice may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice and removed under the provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004.
Deputy Chief Executive (Place)
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue,
Southend-on-Sea, Essex. SS2 6ER Dated: 14thJune 2018