SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL
BELTON WAY WEST LEIGH-ON-SEA
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF ENTRY & PROHBITION OF PARKING)
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by
the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991
1. SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate the unloading of the steps in association with works taking place on Belton Hills they have imposed a TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF ENTRY, on BELTON WAY WEST LEIGH-ON-SEA.
2. Whilst this NOTICE is in operation, all vehicles will be prohibited from:
Entering Belton Way West from its junction with Marine Parade to its junction with Belton Way East
No parking and waiting in the parking bays and limited waiting area on Belton Way West.
3. Nothing in the Notice will apply to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a Police Constable in uniform or a Civil Enforcement Officer;
(c) any vehicle on an occasion when it is being used for fire brigade, ambulance or police and Coastguard/RNLI purposes, if the observance of that provision would be likely to hinder the use of the vehicle for the purpose for which it is being used on that occasion, provided that conditions which prevail on site at any one time do not render it unsafe or impossible for such a vehicle or vehicles to use any part of the public highway for the time being;
4. These prohibitions or restrictions will come into effect on 2nd September 2018 from 05.00 hours to 21.00 hours.. This NOTICE will remain in force for 5 days, to allow for unexpected events/delays and possible remedial works.. Whilst the closures are in place, a diversion route will be signed on site for via. Marine Parade and Belton Way East, and vice versa.
5. The prohibitions or restrictions will apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the TRAFFIC SIGNS REGULATIONS AND GENERAL DIRECTIONS 2016
6. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction/prohibition imposed by this Notice may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice and removed under the provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004.
Deputy Chief Executive (Place)
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue,
Southend-on-Sea, Essex. SS2 6ER Dated: 30th July 2018