SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL
LEIGHTON AVENUE LEIGH-ON-SEA
(PROHIBITION OF ENTRY, WAITING, LOADING & UNLOADING)
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by
the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991
1. SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate ESSENTIAL TREE MAINTENANCE WORKS, they have imposed a TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF ENTRY in LEIGHTON AVENUE LEIGH-ON-SEA.
2. Whilst this NOTICEis in operation, all vehicles will be prohibited from:
Entering Leighton Avenue from its junction with Broadway to its junction with Pall Mall
No waiting, loading and unloading between Nos 29 and side of 164 Pall Mall
3. Nothing in the Notice will apply to:
any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public utility vehicle;
anything done with the permission or at the direction of a Police Constable in uniform or a Civil Enforcement Officer;
any vehicle on an occasion when it is being used for fire brigade, ambulance or police and Coastguard/RNLI purposes, if the observance of that provision would be likely to hinder the use of the vehicle for the purpose for which it is being used on that occasion, provided that conditions which prevail on site at any one time do not render it unsafe or impossible for such a vehicle or vehicles to use any part of the public highway for the time being;
4. These prohibitions or restrictions will come into effect on 14th August 2018 for 2 days.. This NOTICE will remain in force for 5 days, to allow for unexpected events/delays and possible remedial works. Access for residents will be maintained where possible and a diversion route will be signed on site..
5. The prohibitions or restrictions will apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the TRAFFIC SIGNS REGULATIONS AND GENERAL DIRECTIONS 2016
6. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction/prohibition imposed by this Notice may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice and removed under the provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004.
Deputy Chief Executive (Place)
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue,
Southend-on-Sea, Essex. SS2 6ER Dated 8th August 2018